Saturday, August 9, 2008

I need suggestions.


Not that anyone reads this blog, but if you are out there I need suggestions. I am getting a new roof soon and I need to pick a shingle color. Which means I need to also figure out what colors to paint my house. I like the current colors except I want a deeper/brighter yellow for the main color and I want to replace the green painted shakes on the gables with dark-stained shakes. I like a burgundy for the trim but I need to find a better shade.

I also have thought about dark beige/tan or a greenish tan for the main color, with Burgundy for the trim and stained shakes. The upstairs windows have been replaced with vinyl windows so their frames will have to remain white.

Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Welcome to my world! This is the worst decisions ever simply because they are so permanent. Anyway, check out http://www.oldhousecolors.com/
I think you will find the information there quite helpful. They have sections entitled "Roof Colors of Early Houses" and "Colors For Foursquare Houses." Good luck.

Melinda said...

BTW, your house is lovely.